Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know when the locked forms such as the T2125 will be released or in the income expense form?

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know when the locked forms such as the T2125 will be released or in the income expense form?

It would be great if an expert could share some information about this, but in the meantime here is my best guess, based on googling. According to the following link, e-file to CRA opens Monday February 22nd.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-businesses/efile-electronic-f...

I note that no brand of tax software is CRA approved for 2020 yet, which also suggests the delay may be at CRA.

We are happy to report that the T777S/T777 forms have been updated and you can now complete entering your employment expenses. We have included below our TurboTax FAQ link to help you with this if needed.

Employment Expenses Tax Info Centre

Thank you for your patience.

It seems this is an issue again this year. Is there any info about when this will become available?

Also stuck waiting for this to be updated for 2021! It is crazy that CRA and TurboTax can't have this worked out well in advance.  They have a whole year to get ready.

If you are not able to file and are seeing a message about locked forms, please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven't been finalized? We are working to have the forms unlocked by the end of next week, if not sooner. We will update the FAQ when each form becomes available.

If you don’t have any of the forms on the list but you are still seeing this error message:

If you are using TurboTax Online, please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again. This TurboTax FAQ has instructions on how to clear the cache in several popular browsers: How do I clear my cache (browsing history)?

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, please make sure that your software is fully updated. This TurboTax FAQ has instructions on how to update TurboTax CD/Download: How do I update TurboTax if I have the CD/download edition?

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us

It is now February 24, 2022 and we still have nine documents locked including these two very popular documents.

T776 - Real Estate Rentals

T2125 - Statement of Business or Professional Activities

Anyone who has a small home business or a rental property is still unable to file taxes using TurboTax. I have been using TurboTax for over ten years and I never recall Intuit being this late to have the software ready. 

If you are not able to file and are seeing a message about locked forms, please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven't been finalized? If you are using TurboTax Online, the T2125 and the T776 forms will be unlocked tonight. If you are using TurboTax CD/Download these forms will become available by Monday at the latest. We will update the FAQ as additional forms become available.

If you don’t have any of the forms on the list but you are still seeing this error message:

If you are using TurboTax Online, please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again. This TurboTax FAQ has instructions on how to clear the cache in several popular browsers: How do I clear my cache (browsing history)?

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, please make sure that your software is fully updated. This TurboTax FAQ has instructions on how to update TurboTax CD/Download: How do I update TurboTax if I have the CD/download edition?

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us