Canada Français United States of America English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duinker
Level 2

Find your Turbotax for Mac software download

Hi Paul, I agree with everything you said.  I too have been using Quicktax/Turbotax for 20+ years and I'm in the same boat with our old windows 7 PC and a house now full of Macs.

I notice that Turbotax is available in the US in a Mac version - and has been for years - so I wrote to Intuit to ask when we could expect the Canadian version.  I received the same lame reply  about doing taxes online  (which I would never do).  That is not a solution.

Perhaps this thread will gain momentum and Intuit Canada may be forced to invest in some software development north of the border.

Ren

TurboTaxKim

@paulslauenwhite @duinker

Thank you both for your feedback. There are currently no plans for an installed version of TurboTax on the Canadian side. We will direct this feedback to our development team on your behalf. 

paulslauenwhite
Returning Member

@TurboTaxKim, thanks for your reply. 

Ultimately, this is a business decision.  I would suggest skipping the development team and discussing with senior management since they have to make the business decision.  This would be relatively easy to make if there were numbers around the impact.

I have worked the last 20 years as a developer, architect, and now project lead (2M+ LOC and $12M/year product) for large software development company so I understand how these decisions are made.  The business case has to be made for senior management to decide to move forward.  I would suggest Intuit conduct a business impact evaluation.

If we failed to listen and support our customers, our software/business would be jeopardy.  This was demonstrated by nearly losing our $1B+ business in the 90s.

paulslauenwhite
Returning Member

@TurboTaxKim, here's another reason why the online version of TurboTax is not a satisfactory replacement for Mac support:

In TurboTax Online, how do I transfer my information (personal details, carry forward amounts, etc.) from my previous year's tax return?

*Due to technical issues, this feature is currently UNAVAILABLE, as of January 17, 2020. Please continue to check back for further updates*

Source:https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/importing-transfering/help/in-turbotax-online-how-do-...

9598Sam

Where is the availability for 2015 on a Mac?  It is now April.  I purchased and it won't download a 2015 file.  Help!

TurboTaxBrenda1

TurboTax past year returns- the last 3 years return you will have the Online available. Any year past 3 years from now will only be available as downloads that are not supported on a MAC computer.

Contact our Customer Service -https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/contact-us/00/873707

karen4846

is it possible to download canadian standard to Mac

duinker
Level 2

Hi Karen,

The short answer is: you don't.  There is no Turbo Tax for Mac in Canada, in the US, yes, but not for us.  We've been asking forever...

We're still waiting.

Ren

eso5

Reading through these messages, it is clear that this NEEDS to change. It seems unbelievable to think that there is no option for Mac users. Before I used to file my taxes free with the basic software and now I am unable to do so because it is not "simple" enough. Not only that my only option is to upgrade to the deluxe for EACH return. So now to HAVE to purchase the download Standard pack to only find out it is NOT available for Mac users? I am seriously frustrated seeing that there is no solution or even plans to make a solution for this? 

TurboTaxBrenda
Level 6

We do have an 8 Online return for TurboTax Deluxe- https://turbotax.intuit.ca/x/offers/turbotax-standard.jsp - Just click on the TurboTax Deluxe Online and you can purchase it for $34.99. This includes 8 returns over $25,000. 

v