Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tristansimpson96
Returning Member

Help "You can't proceed further because one or more of your tax forms is currently unavailable. Please check back later. For more information, visit FAQ on Locked Forms

5 Replies

Help "You can't proceed further because one or more of your tax forms is currently unavailable. Please check back later. For more information, visit FAQ on Locked Forms

We are sorry you are encountering this inconvenience. Unfortunately, you may come across locked forms, or receive a message saying that forms aren’t finalized when using TurboTax, you will not be allowed to complete the filing of your return.

Please see the link below for more information.

Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven’t been finalized?

Please watch for future updates of forms becoming available. The T777/T777S was just updated for employment expenses.

Thank you for your patience.

anastasia34
Returning Member

@TurboImpotGinette, I used t777 for flat-rate claim, and it doesn't seem to be working. I still can't submit my return.

In order to help you with this situation, I believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page.

Thank you for your patience. 

maktub71

I don't use any of the forms you have listed and still getting that message. It does not make any sense.

When are you going to fix it?

@maktub71

If you are not able to file and are seeing a message about locked forms, please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven't been finalized? We hope to have the forms unlocked by the end of next week, if not sooner. We will update the FAQ when each form becomes available.

If you don’t have any of the forms on the list but you are still seeing this error message:

If you are using TurboTax Online, please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again. This TurboTax FAQ has instructions on how to clear the cache in several popular browsers: How do I clear my cache (browsing history)?

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, please make sure that your software is fully updated. This TurboTax FAQ has instructions on how to update TurboTax CD/Download: How do I update TurboTax if I have the CD/download edition?

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us