To enter expenses for two different businesses, please follow the next steps:
- Go to the top right of your tax return and select "Find” from the menu, and type “business”
- Select “Business profile” from the list of results, then click “Go”
- Go to and find the “Business expert interview” step, and then select “Continue”.
Note that depending on how much of your return you've completed so far, so follow the instructions below:
- If you see the Business summary step and want to enter business expenses for a business not listed on the screen, select Enter New Business for <Name>
- If you see the Business summary step and want to enter business expenses for a business listed onscreen, select Edit next to that business
- Then continue the instructions on the screen to reach the expenses section. Enter your business expenses for the selected business and click on Continue to save all the information.
Once you finish entering the expenses for the selected business, you will need to repeat the same process to report the expenses of your second business.
If you are using CD/download please visit where do I claim my employment expenses in the CD/download edition of TurboTax
Please also visit how do I enter a T4A slip to learn how to report two different T4A.
Thank you for using TurboTax