Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I handle the sale of silver bullion that was not a capital gain or loss but I have a T slip showing income for it.

6 Replies

How do I handle the sale of silver bullion that was not a capital gain or loss but I have a T slip showing income for it.

You will just need to enter your T5 slip. 

This is where the problem lies.  When I add my T5 it shows that I had 8,000 of additional income.  However, I did not have additional income.  I actually lost some money on the silver but I don't want to bother doing a capital loss as I lost most of my paper work when I moved last year.  I just don't want to pay tax that I shouldn't be paying. 

Do you have a T5 or a T5008?

T5008

Then you can reduce it by entering the cost or Adjusted Cost Base