Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k3ptok

How do I redo my return if my employer screwed up on my T4 and issued me a new one after I filed my return?

2 Replies

How do I redo my return if my employer screwed up on my T4 and issued me a new one after I filed my return?

You can make changes after you have filed your tax return through the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) or through ReFILE. This FAQ has more information: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-return-amendment/help/i-have-filed-my-tax-return-...

If you have recently filed your return do not try to file again for the same tax year, as it is not approved by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). The CRA requires that you wait until you’ve received your Notice of Assessment (NOA) before making any changes. The CRA link, How to change a return, provides steps on how to make changes to your return by mail or online, you may also ReFile your return using TurboTax. The following link is a TurboTax FAQ that provides instructions on how to make changes to your return. I have filed my tax return. Can I still make changes?. Thank you for using TurboTax.