Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove "self-employment" from my return? I am not self-employed, and there are no amounts on my T4 in the 80s.

4 Replies

How do I remove "self-employment" from my return? I am not self-employed, and there are no amounts on my T4 in the 80s.

Do you have a T4A slip? Self-employment income can be reported there too. This FAQ has more info: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/navigating-turbotax/help/why-is-turbotax-telling-me-i...

No, I do not have a T4A slip. I am not self-employed.

DavenKat
Returning Member

Same errors are coming up fro me as well. No matter what I do, it keeps giving me the same error message. TurboTax keeps toggling me on to "self-employed". I am NOT self-employed and I didn't click anything that would give TurboTax the idea that I was. I have done everything suggested, but nothing is working. What a waste of time... :(

Fix Error:

Your province of self-employment is different from your province of residence. TTO does not support Multijurisdictional returns. Review your entries.

AnzhaLyu

I am getting this error message too! How did you resolve it @DavenKat ? @TurboTaxSusan ?