Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought a Turbotax Standard version in Costco a week ago, and I found that the license code of 16 digits doesn't work at all.

19 Replies

I bought a Turbotax Standard version in Costco a week ago, and I found that the license code of 16 digits doesn't work at all.

I bought the same program and mine doesn't work either. Whats up with Turbo Tax very frustrating!!!

atsang70
Returning Member

Same problem.  What's wrong with Turbo Tax?  I also bought it from Costco.

Please make sure that you are using the code from under the scratch-off area on the card found inside the TurboTax Online box. If that’s the code you’re using, and it still doesn’t work, please message us on social media or contact us by phone for more assistance.

We are on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/messages/t/TurboTaxCanada

We are on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/messages/19496097-385034351

To talk to our phone support team, visit https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/. After entering some basic info about what you need help with, the page will give you the phone number for the team best suited to help.

siritorns
Returning Member

I got the same problem but with the Business Incorporated version. I also bought it from Costco.

I submitted the request for refund at this website: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/after-you-file-questions/help/how-do-i-get-a-refund-f...

The website was provided by the first support team I spoke with on the phone. Three weeks later still there is no one communicated back. I spoke to the support team 3 times. No one can help or provide further information how long this request for refund will be approved but meanwhile recommended me to buy the new one while waiting for the refund.

I actually bought the new one but have decided not to open the box yet. 

Should I contact or send message to the support team on Social media instead? 

Sorry to see you are having this issue.

@lewisleeszechun  In order to help you with this, we will need more information.  Please contact us on Social media so we can help you further. You can find us on Facebook or Twitter

@siritorns  In order to help you with this situation, I believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page.

Thank you for your patience. 

siritorns
Returning Member

@TurboImpotGinette I followed you advice calling to speak with the support team. This time she requested some files transferred from my computer. Then, I was to reinstall the software, downloaded from the website, again without any USB drive/devices connected to the computer (This USB thing was requested by the support team). The problem is still there, the license code doesn’t work. This time, she told me to wait another week with a bit confidence that I would receive the refund. I hope the support team will be able to resolve the problem soon.

I will continue waiting but decided to return another box of the Turbotax Business Incorporated. I don’t feel comfortable to buy and use the new one while the first issue hasn’t been resolved yet. 

Thank you for your feedback siritorns. Please feel free to contact us on Social media if further help is needed. You can find us on Facebook or Twitter. Thank you for using TurboTax.

tlaw1

I bought a standard version of TurboTax online edition at Costco a few weeks ago and my license number is not working. Never had this issue before!!

Junghova

I have the same issue today.  My wife just bought the standard version at Costco here in Victoria  BC and my activation code is pretty clear to read after scratching, yet after 10 attempts it just is not working :(  First time with a problem after all these years of using turbo tax :(