Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't file taxes because I keep getting the following error: "Specify the employment income you want to claim employment expenses on for working at home due to COVID-19. This can be done by selecting ‘yes’ to transferring employment income to form T777S

thank you.  YOur post solved the issue.

I can't file taxes because I keep getting the following error: "Specify the employment income you want to claim employment expenses on for working at home due to COVID-19. This can be done by selecting ‘yes’ to transferring employment income to form T777S

Great to know that your issue was resolved.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

@Mathrym : The solution worked for me! I had some numbers saved in the detailed method, once I set them to zero, and selected flat rate method, it let me file. 

Hi @Mathrym 

Where did you go to clear these Detailed Method fields? I am stuck in the T4 - fix error loop and can't find them in the Employment Expenses section either... 😩

Frustratedbunny
Returning Member

Praise you Mathrym. I was ready to give up after going through that loop over and over again. No thanks to Turbotax though.

acx

the advice on not leaving numbers in the detailed method helped... thanks

Happy to be of service. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

OMG THANK YOU - I have literally been at this for months. Such a silly error and unclear on how to fix it.

Maija50

Did you select Yes in your T4

yukons

That worked (after losing an hour trying to figure it out) - thank you, @Mathrym !