Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have entered an invalid industry code. this is coming up and I have not even entered anything.... How do I fix this

You have entered an invalid industry code. this is coming up and I have not even entered anything.... How do I fix this

It's not just internet related. I'm in publishing. I'm using a valid code and can't netfile because of this error.

How about updating the Turbo Tax Help on this topic so that the link to the new codes is working?

The Stats can website is down at the moment.   

Spalnaca

I had the same issue, but looking after the code in the 2022 NAICS version  https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=1369825

I relized that "my code" changed. I put the new code and all worked fine.

I am following the discussion regarding the Industry code used on the T2125 form.  I have tried 447110,  447190  and get and error message from Turbo Tax.  F1 brings me to the link with CRA NACIS and both these numbers are listed.  A telephone call to Turbo Tax and agent used code 445120 which worked but informed me that I should check with CRA before Netfiling to see if they will accept the code.   On the CRA website it states that if filing online then use the codes provided by the tax software.    Going around in circles...can't Netfile,  can't reach CRA to verify......Sounds like this a TurboTax problem.

As long as the code is close to what your work is, it will be accepted.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thanks for your reply but that is wrong.  Turbo Tax is giving an error code and preventing me from Netfiling despite having entered codes that seem to be valid according to CRA NAICS. 

The  issue is that Turbo Tax is linking to the CRA website to find the NAICS number which is not up to date.  The code that Turbo Tax seems to be accepting is the NAICS used by Stats Can.  Need to update the link in Turbo Tax help.  And get the same info to all TT agents.  3 TT agents with 3 different answers  and half a day spent trying to resolve this issue.

Hi josh!

It looks like I'm in a similar situation with code 519130 not working.  Would you be able to let me know what you switched it to? I checked the link you sent but couldn't find an exact match. 

Thanks!

@taxtime_22 The Industry codes have been revised for 2022. You would need to look here for the new codes: https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=1369825

Nouvintou
Returning Member

I've also had an error with an invalid activity code; I tried 519100 and some other codes, but it didn't work, and can't NETFILE!
@TurboTaxSusan, what valid possible error code for an IT services business?

@Nouvintou What kind of IT?