Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hebafouda

I'm getting an error that i have entered an invalid industry code. Its a 6 digit # . what is this amount ? i dont' have a buss but i have income reported in box 020-T4A

2 Replies

I'm getting an error that i have entered an invalid industry code. Its a 6 digit # . what is this amount ? i dont' have a buss but i have income reported in box 020-T4A

The CRA considers amounts in box 20 and box 48 of the T4A slip as self-employment/business income.

If you entered a T4A slip in your return with amounts in box 20 or box 48, you must complete a Form T2125: Statement of Business Activities. Only minimal entries are required; the business name can be your name and the business address can be your home address. And you need to enter an Industry Code. Click on the link found in TurboTax and choose the code most closely associated with your type of business.

You will need to "edit" the information that has transferred from the T4A to the Business Statement. To do so, go to:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3282160

sfennell

subject line say's it all, can you help?