Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
millyhycheung
Returning Member

I upgraded the turbotax to live assist and review twice and it's telling me that my total is now twice as much. how do I cancel one upgrade

2 Replies

I upgraded the turbotax to live assist and review twice and it's telling me that my total is now twice as much. how do I cancel one upgrade

Unfortunately, once you have upgraded or added features to your TurboTax return, there is no way to downgrade or remove the extra features. You would need to create a new return to go back to the original product.

To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns”. Once you have started your new return, you can select “View All Returns” from under “My Accounts & Returns”, and delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can next to it.

If you have TurboTax Live Assist & Review, here is how to talk to a Tax Expert: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/navigating-turbotax/help/i-m-using-turbotax-live-assi...

millyhycheung
Returning Member

Thanks Susan, I have a scheduled appointment for tax review on Friday, does this still happen if I start a new return? 

As well, I upgraded the same tier twice, because it asked me again and made me feel like I hadn't done it. 

As a result, I have ONE return with TWO 'live assist and review' profiles on it. Isn't this a software flaw? Why does it keep advertising to me that I need to upgrade, when I already have? Where do I see my upgraded status?