Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcavan73

The amount entered in line 16 of my T4 does not match what shows in line 308. Why is it different?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The amount entered in line 16 of my T4 does not match what shows in line 308. Why is it different?

If the amount shown at line 308 is different than what is shown in box 16 of your T4, then likely the amount on the T4 is higher.  Likely, the amount withheld by your employer for CPP contributions was greater than required...and the balance will show at line 448 of the T1 as a refundable credit. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If the amount shown at line 308 is different than what is shown in box 16 of your T4, then likely the amount on the T4 is higher.  Likely, the amount withheld by your employer for CPP contributions was greater than required...and the balance will show at line 448 of the T1 as a refundable credit. 

NonyaB

Follow-up question... my line 308 does not reflect what is on line 16 of my T4 (the amount in TurboTax is lower by about $90). There is also an amount of $0.00 showing on line 448. Why are these numbers different in my case?