Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdhatch

Are scholarship amounts in box 105 on T4A reportedon line 105 and line 130?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

No.

Your scholarship/bursary income will be either a) other income on line 130 or b) exempt from tax and not appear on your return at all after you've entered the T4A.

How the amounts are treated for tax purposes depends on your situation as a student. For example, if you were a FT student, you would enter the Box 105 amount in the spot for Full-time students on the T4A screen. This income would then be exempt from tax so you won't see it anywhere on the return itself.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647691

View solution in original post

4 Replies

No.

Your scholarship/bursary income will be either a) other income on line 130 or b) exempt from tax and not appear on your return at all after you've entered the T4A.

How the amounts are treated for tax purposes depends on your situation as a student. For example, if you were a FT student, you would enter the Box 105 amount in the spot for Full-time students on the T4A screen. This income would then be exempt from tax so you won't see it anywhere on the return itself.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647691

andrada77
Returning Member

Hi, i have a question about a similar question. I have received my T4A from school & CRA under the same category for 2019. It says enter in box 105 for scholarships, bursaries, grants etc. But i don’t know which box 105 I input the amount in since it doesn’t specify and I don’t want to make mistakes for it. My tax refund amount does change when inputting the amount in the taxable box 105. Please help!

briandbia

I am on OSAP and received a scholarship entered the amount on line 105 as per T4A on line for full time student I have no other income and have 2 dependants but when I do my taxes it says I owe money and I cant understand why when I have no income that is taxable.  Could you please help me.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

Check that you have your tuition amount reported corrected. You should have received a T2202 from your education institute. If not, sign to your college or university online account and obtain this form. 

In your TurboTax > go to Find on the top bar > search for T2202 > make sure you use the full-time box for your months of enrollments to exempt the scholarship you received from taxes. 

If you have further question regarding the tuition amount, please check this link:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/family-education/help/frequently-asked-questions-abou...

I hope this was helpful