Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cars92

T777 but didn't WFH

Where can I add T777 for car expenses, fuel, maintenance. Etc. I didn't work from home but used my car for work.  

1 Reply

T777 but didn't WFH

T777 form is used to calculate the employee's allowable employment expenses. To enter the details from your T777 form into TurboTax follow the steps outlined below:

1. Sign in to your return.
  2. Click Find from the top right corner of the page.
  3. Type T777 and select T777 Statement of Employment Expenses from the list of options available and click on Go.
  4. On Employment Expenses page read the information and if it applies click Yes.
  5. On [Name] Employment Expenses Profile page select the option which applies to your condition and click Continue.
  6. On Employment Expense Profile page check mark Motor Vehicle Expenses option and even other if it applies. Answer yes or no to the following two questions and click Continue.
  7. On Employment Related Driving page enter the vehicle expenses which you had incurred as specified and after doing so click Done with Vehicle.
  8. On Motor Vehicle Expenses Summary page review the amounts you had entered on previous page and enter new details as asked. Click Done with Vehicles.

For more information visit our TurboTax article- T777 Tax Form: Statement of Employment Expenses

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.