Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboTax keeps saying my industry code for t2125 is invalid?

My wife is an epicure sales consultant, selling spices and kitchen products.  All industry codes I've tried entereing are "invalid" and Turbo Tax will not let me netfile

6 Replies

The Industry Code that will work in TurboTax for "Direct Sellers" is 454390.

You can see a complete list of all examples which fall under this category here:

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getAllExample&TVD=1181553&CVD=1182718&CPV=454390&CS...

RTREMPEL

This is still an issue as reported by anther user in 2019 (My wife is an epicure sales consultant, selling spices and kitchen products.  All industry codes I've tried entereing are "invalid" and Turbo Tax will not let me netfile.)

Used 454390 last year as indicated in your reply to the above 2019 query and it worked.  This year (2022) turbotax will no allow me to netfile this year using 454390. 

Please fix your software or provide something that will work.

I am also having same exact issue with this error.  Previously used 453220 in 2021 tax year and it worked,  but is not valid this year.  Retailer says to use 454390 this year (2022).  Turbo Tax will not allow this code and gives error.  Cannot file tax return as is.  Please advise. @TurboTaxKim  @TurboTaxSusan @TurboTaxBrenda1 @TurboTaxGinette 

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

SRRogers
Returning Member

I was able to find 445298 - All other specialty food retailers by searching here...

https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVDStruct&TVD=1369825&CVD=1370274&CPV=44529&CST=...

Hopefully it helps.

Thank you for your feedback it is appreciated.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.