Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hello10

I would like to file jointly with my spouse. I am self employed and my husband is employed - what version would we get for a MAC Download?

3 Replies

I would like to file jointly with my spouse. I am self employed and my husband is employed - what version would we get for a MAC Download?

To complete a coupled return (where both returns are prepared simultaneously) with self-employment income, the best choice is TurboTax Self-Employed Online. Your spouse isn't self-employed but that's quite alright! Just indicate in the Profile section that your husband has a T4. You will be charged the TTSE price for your return and your spouse's return will be discounted.

Here's a link for more information on TurboTax Self-Employed: 

https://turbotax.intuit.ca/personal-tax-software/self-employed-online.jsp

JW001

Hi, do we need to submit jointly or can my husband submit his first?

You will see both your name beside NetFIle- You will start with one of yours once you have filed your husbands and received the confirmation page then you will go back and click on NetFile beside your name and do the same.