Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
egrep

Turbotax 2018. Not a how-to question but Feedback on product, user interface, general functionality, etc

turbotax 2018 feedback to send to vendor

=option for "CRA autofill data" to be saved in a CSV or TEXT file for advanced users

=T5508 Slip interface (or others too)
- multiple column select
- jump to Nth column
- faster left/right buttons to scroll 3 columns at a time
- left/right button to go to next with non-zero data
- clear all contents
- an indicator of how columns have data e.g. 23
- search function e.g. search in NOTES field

- move data in one column to spousal return. handy when autofill assigns to wrong return or when user enters data in wrong return

"jumpy" cursor e.g.
in t5008, to select "type of income" either "capital gain" or "dividend", use a drop down box that stays near the box, instead of pop up window that appears elsewhere. after selection, mouse stays and does NOT return to original location. result: wasted mouse motion to return to original location

- t5008 manually "notes" field at top does appear on PDF copy
- "identification of securities" if value is too long, the field cannot be edited by typing or copy/paste. however it can be accidentally deleted via copy-all and cut.

= Review time of T5008 Summary
At review time to edit/delete T5008 entries in the T5008 Summary screen, add an option to select multiple slips for deletion. it is very tedious to press DELETE and to confirm for each slip.
- Once deleted, is it restorable from a hidden file?
- Each slip is identified by the "notes" field which is blank unless manually entered. Why not use the original security name, which is used in the T5008 section of schedule X?

= Preferred Language - why not carry over from previous return?

= navigation
is CTRL-ARROW documented to scroll left/right??

= PDF watermark
can watermark be lighter and/or use dash lines instead of solid, so the underlying information can be more easily read/viewable?

= vendor contact us.

You don't make it easy to send you feedback. There is no "contact us" via simple email address. I had to create an account and log in. THen found it was product login and not the forums. Went to the forums and had to sign in again. (I guess single sign-on does not work)

hope this feedback is of use to make a better user experience.

cheers,

2019/12/27

=

2 Replies

Turbotax 2018. Not a how-to question but Feedback on product, user interface, general functionality, etc

Thank you for your feedback! 

Dillybob1

Ditto on the ease of finding a way to leave feedback so I'm just going to tack it onto this one:

I find it incredibly irritating and patronizing that so many questions start with my name. I know what my name is, why do you keep repeating it?