Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbotax premier 2020 installer unzips then quits? Using Windows 10. Does anyone else have this problem or a solution?

4 Replies
DaClemen

Turbotax premier 2020 installer unzips then quits? Using Windows 10. Does anyone else have this problem or a solution?

Same issue (Win 10 1909) - I get as far as the desktop link, which checks for latest update and then shuts down. I've tried reinstalling & downloading MS VC++ 2015-2019. No joy to date ...

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are happy to report that the root cause of the problem has been corrected. Once you uninstall TurboTax and reinstall using this link, the issue will be resolved.
https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/where-can-i-download-the-cd-... 

Thank you for your patience.

aa01203
Returning Member

Hello,

I have the same issue. Purchased the Premier Edition @ Costco.

Followed the link and (re)downloded the installation file multiple times: app launches, file extraction proceeds, then nothing happens.

Please advise.

(Win 10 Home, 1909, build [social security number removed])

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page. If the agent cannot resolve your issue please make sure you tell them you want to escalate the issue to a higher level.

Thank you for your patience.