Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbotax Premier allows up to 12 returns to be filed - If I file a common-law couple, does that count as 2 out of the 12 returns?

Hello, 

I have the Turbotax Premier, and it says it allows up to 12 returns that I can file.

1) If I file a common-law couple (2 people who are common-law partners), does that count as 2 returns out of the 12 that I can file? or does it count as just 1?

2) Also as a premier user, can I netfile (e-file) up to 12 returns? 

Thank you.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbotax Premier allows up to 12 returns to be filed - If I file a common-law couple, does that count as 2 out of the 12 returns?

If you prepare your return together with a common-law partner or spouse, that counts as 2 returns.

Using TurboTax CD/Download Premier, you can NETFILE 12 returns with net income greater than $25,000. Returns with net income less than $25,000 are free, so you can prepare additional returns if they are below that income.

The CRA limits all NETFILE certified tax software to a maximum of 20 returns. This applies to all returns prepared, regardless of income level or if they are filed by NETFILE or mail.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you prepare your return together with a common-law partner or spouse, that counts as 2 returns.

Using TurboTax CD/Download Premier, you can NETFILE 12 returns with net income greater than $25,000. Returns with net income less than $25,000 are free, so you can prepare additional returns if they are below that income.

The CRA limits all NETFILE certified tax software to a maximum of 20 returns. This applies to all returns prepared, regardless of income level or if they are filed by NETFILE or mail.