Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chumly

Turbotax put a bogus charge of $79. on my tax return, so I can't file my return. Beware as this appears to be a scam. How do I contact them?

1 Reply

Turbotax put a bogus charge of $79. on my tax return, so I can't file my return. Beware as this appears to be a scam. How do I contact them?

TurboTax Free is a completely free product. According to the information above, you are currently using the Live Assist and Review version of TurboTax which is not free. You can confirm by opening your return in TurboTax and seeing what name is beside the logo in the upper-left corner. If you're in our Free edition, it will say TurboTax Free.

If you'd prefer to use TurboTax Free, you'll need to start a new return. Here's how you start a new online return; be sure to choose Free when TurboTax prompts you to select an edition.

If you are using the online edition of TurboTax, please check the link How do I start a new tax return in the online edition of TurboTax? 

If you are using the TurboTax CD/download edition, please check the link How do I start a new return in the TurboTax CD/download edition? 

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for using TurboTax.