Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbleaney
Returning Member

TurboTax unable to download CRA data - launches CRA site but when I log in I get "ERR.029" and kicked out. Is this a TurboTax issue? A CRA issue? A cookies/etc?

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it a TurboTax issue (perhaps relating to browser cookies)? or a CRA issue?
2 Replies

TurboTax unable to download CRA data - launches CRA site but when I log in I get "ERR.029" and kicked out. Is this a TurboTax issue? A CRA issue? A cookies/etc?

Are you able to log in directly to the Canada Revenue Agency’s (CRA) My Account service? If you can’t then there might be a problem with your login information or your account.

If you are able to log in to your CRA My Account and are still getting this error, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

tbleaney
Returning Member

I was able to solve my problem during a call to CRA ... but I still believe the root cause is for TurboTax to fix.

I was able to log in to CRA without any problems to look at my account.

The problem was only occurred when I tried to log in from the browser window that TurboTax opened to initiate the download of my data from CRA.

It appears to be a conflict between how TurboTax and CRA handle temp browser data files (e.g. history, cookies, cache, etc).   If I "clear browsing data" then I TurboTax can launch the browser window for me to sign in to CRA and the data download works fine ... for ONE TIME!

Just after downloading my CRA data, TurboTax then wants to get the CRA data for my spouse and the whole problem re-started!

I had to clear the browser data files again or my spouse would get the exact same timeout error trying to download her CRA data files.

Regards,

Ted