Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What version TurboTax should I buy this year if I sold my home last year ?

We have used the CD install version of TurboTax for more than 20 years.  I am a happy customer.  Last year we sold our home.  I would like to know what version of TurboTax will I need to purchase this year?    Can I use TurboTax "Standard" ?   or do I need to purchase the "Premier" version?  OR ?   

I am embarrassed to have to post this question.  However I have spent days searching the TurboTax website and even Google.   All I have been able to confirm is that, yes, it needs to be reported, but no where am I advised which TurboTax version I need to purchase or use.   Many thanks in advance for your time in reply.  THANK YOU!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

For the tax year 2020, if you are reporting the sale of your home, you can use any version of TurboTax. 

This TurboTax FAQ tells you how to report the sale of your home (principal residence): How do I report the sale of my home (principal residence)?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

For the tax year 2020, if you are reporting the sale of your home, you can use any version of TurboTax. 

This TurboTax FAQ tells you how to report the sale of your home (principal residence): How do I report the sale of my home (principal residence)?