Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
babubob

Where do I enter the $300 payment from the federal government given to everyone as a covid payment?

4 Replies

Where do I enter the $300 payment from the federal government given to everyone as a covid payment?

Unfortunility we do not have enough information to answer your question.

Can you please confirm if you are completing the US tax return or Canadian Tax return? Based on your answer, we will able to determine how to direct you.

Thank you for using TurboTax

babubob

My reply was returned.

I am filing Canadian tax. 

Thanks for your help.

babubob

Canadian tax

Thank you for your clarification. In 2020 The federal government provided Canadians with several tax benefits and their amounts vary according to the situation of each individual.

According to the amount given in your question it is probable that you were eligible for one of the following benefits.

• Canada Child Benefit (CCB). This benefit provided a one-time payment of $300 per child, and its purpose was to assist Canadians in the care of children that were living with them.
  • Payment for senior benefit related to old age security pension and which value was $300.

If you were eligible you should have gotten the payment automatically and you did not need to apply. Both benefits are not taxable, which means that you do not need to report them in your 2020 tax return.

Thank you for using TurboTax