Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbotax.ca/activationcode I used to file my tax using a downloaded turbotax.This is the first time I am using turbotax online. How do I start?

11 Replies

Turbotax.ca/activationcode I used to file my tax using a downloaded turbotax.This is the first time I am using turbotax online. How do I start?

where do I go to put in my activation code

where do I go to put in my activation code?

It looks like you have done the first step in creating an account.

Create a new return and when asked, say you used tax software last year. If your Turbo tax file is on the computer you are using for the online version, you will be able to upload the information. You can usually find the TT16 in "my documents" in the "turbo tax" folder. 

Once you have done that, you can proceed to download your slips from CRA if you have "My Account" set up. Otherwise, you will enter them when prompted.

where do I go to put in my activation code?????? this is a question 

I have new computer  then what ? 

Have used turbotax 2018 in past, on my computer, purchased 2019 Premium at costco with activation code, want to download 2019 edition to my computer by inputting my activation code.

If you have purchased TurboTax Online and have a Prepayment or Activation code, you will find instructions on how to enter that code in the following link:

If you are wanting to Download and Install the CD/Download version of TurboTax, please see this link:

I can't even get to the site they send me to and proceed with the download.  The box I purchased has no cd but it gives me 2 web sites to activate my turbo but to no avail.

Can anyone help?

Robert

@robvin9409 If you are unable to get to the site Kim linked to above, try this one: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/where-can-i-download-the-cd-...

If you can’t get to that site either, or nothing downloads, please contact our phone support team for further assistance. You can get the correct number for our phone support team by using this form: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

Once you are able to install the software, it will ask you for your 21 character installation key when you start the program for the first time. Then you will have the option of activating the program online or by phone.