Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a T4A with income in Box 28 for Personal use of my employer's company car and also group life insurance premium benefits.

When I enter in TurboTax it triggers the completion of a T2125 suggesting that I have my own business.  Why?  What am I doing wrong?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NicoleL

Received a T4A with income in Box 28 for Personal use of my employer's company car and also group life insurance premium benefits.

When you click on box 28 there are two options: Other Income and Childcare centre gov. grant*

You probably accidentally entered it into the second option (Childcare) which triggers the T2125. Just go back to your T4A and delete the value from Childcare and enter into the first box that says Other Income and it should remove the issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
NicoleL

When you click on box 28 there are two options: Other Income and Childcare centre gov. grant*

You probably accidentally entered it into the second option (Childcare) which triggers the T2125. Just go back to your T4A and delete the value from Childcare and enter into the first box that says Other Income and it should remove the issue.

Thanks so much - the error is gone