Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 2
posted Mar 29, 2024 11:10:26 AM

Received an email about 40% discount but it's not applied to my order

Hi I received an email about a 40% off deal from TurboTax Canada but it didn't mention a code. After clicking on the email link, I can see the marketing page with an expected $24/return fee for Premier but when clicking on the "Get Started" button and signing in, it's not applied to my return that is in progress. Instead I see a fee of $34 instead of $40, probably from another promotion code.  Is also tried to type [phone number removed] as a coupon but it didn't work (I get an error "Voucher code is expired or invalid.").

https://turbotax.intuit.ca/offers/diy-anr-fs-promo-40-mar-27?priorityCode=[phone number removed]&cid...

It looks like a bug, is it possible to get a coupon code directly on the return's order page?

Thanks,

0 14 1787
2 Best answers
Level 2
Apr 8, 2024 10:54:48 AM

Didn't get a reply from the moderator but I called the support who said that it was a bug and to pay the fee and ask for a refund after that. I hope TT billing will honor what their support said to me!

Level 2
Apr 11, 2024 5:28:09 PM

FYI I made a request for a refund with the following link before the expiration of the 40% discount (expiration mentioned in the marketing email). I will post when I hear back!

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/turbotax-support/en-ca/help-article/taxation/get-refund-turbotax-product/L0GFPCPaC_CA_en_CA?uid=lun3fcbm

14 Replies
Returning Member
Mar 29, 2024 5:26:49 PM

The exact same thing has happened to me. I am going to wait for a fix before paying.

Thank you.

Mar 31, 2024 1:09:01 PM

We sent you a personal message. Please check your inbox in regards to that.

Thank you for choosing Turbotax.

Level 2
Apr 1, 2024 3:41:51 AM

Hi @Moussi2 

Could you kindly resend it as i didn't receive your email. Thanks for your help!

Apr 1, 2024 7:38:26 AM

Please kindly check your inbox now. 

Apr 1, 2024 1:10:30 PM

There was no code in the email and the offer didn't apply when I tried to check out

Apr 1, 2024 3:10:40 PM

@Char1001 We don't send out discount codes. If you got a discount email, then that email will contain a link. You would click on the link, and then start your TurboTax Online return, or purchase TurboTax CD/Download (depending on what the discount was for).

Apr 8, 2024 10:44:48 AM

Hi, I've also received this email and the discount has not been applied at checkout. Can you please send me the correct information as well, thank you! 

Level 2
Apr 8, 2024 10:54:48 AM

Didn't get a reply from the moderator but I called the support who said that it was a bug and to pay the fee and ask for a refund after that. I hope TT billing will honor what their support said to me!

Apr 8, 2024 11:10:23 AM

@vlekun we have sent you a private message.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Level 1
Apr 11, 2024 5:04:29 PM

Is this 40% discount glitch still ongoing? I too received the 40% discount email. However, the discount is not applied at checkout even if I opened Turbotax via the sale link.

Level 2
Apr 11, 2024 5:28:09 PM

FYI I made a request for a refund with the following link before the expiration of the 40% discount (expiration mentioned in the marketing email). I will post when I hear back!

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/turbotax-support/en-ca/help-article/taxation/get-refund-turbotax-product/L0GFPCPaC_CA_en_CA?uid=lun3fcbm

Apr 12, 2024 9:30:36 AM

The refund request form is for a full return of TurboTax software. 

We have sent you a private message. 

Apr 17, 2024 9:44:38 PM

I was waiting to collect the 40% emailed to me, was not able to get this deal and paid full price.

How can i request a refund?

thanks

Apr 19, 2024 5:04:45 AM

Your discount request has been approved and will soon be processed. You can expect to see the refund appear on the original payment method used on the original order. Refunds are usually processed within 2-3 weeks, but processing time can vary based on your credit card company.