Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 29, 2019 6:01:26 PM

Side income of $2,208.15. How do I file this appropriately?

I just sold some minor web & design services online.

This was all done via PayPal, so GST was paid.

How should I report this? This is not a business, I just helped some friends out and billed them really conservatively.

I won't be doing very much work of this nature in 2015.

0 1 1139
1 Best answer
Oct 29, 2019 6:01:27 PM

You can add this as "other income" without doing a T2125, although it actually would be regarded as self-employment.  Be aware, that as you are well under the $30,000 for GST registration, you neither collect nor remit GST, and cannot claim itc's against it.  The entire amount you were paid, including GST must be included .  When you add this income as other income, you are not able to deduct expenses against it where you would be able to do so on a T2125.

1 Replies
Oct 29, 2019 6:01:27 PM

You can add this as "other income" without doing a T2125, although it actually would be regarded as self-employment.  Be aware, that as you are well under the $30,000 for GST registration, you neither collect nor remit GST, and cannot claim itc's against it.  The entire amount you were paid, including GST must be included .  When you add this income as other income, you are not able to deduct expenses against it where you would be able to do so on a T2125.