Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
For information related to Covid-19 and how to get help if you lost your job, please see The Covid-19 Tax Info Center
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

2013 Online Update

I have a licensed copy of TT2013 - which was deinstalled from my computer, and I just reinstalled it. I have the license key.

I am trying to open a TT13 file because there is a retroactive tax adjustment I can use. However, the freshly installed version refuses to open the file, as it was created with a newer/updated version of TT. Would I like to update. Yes! But the update fails because the update server cannot be located. 

I did a fresh download from the TT website, and installed over top - but still no joy. 

I'll do a delete, reboot, and reinstall using the latest installer - but does anyone have any other ideas, or a link to where the update files are located?

Jim

2 Replies
Highlighted

2013 Online Update

Solved my own problem. Google is my friend. At the time of writing, this applies to 2010-2018. I would guess the same rolling window will apply in the future - 2019 will get added, 2010 will get dropped.

Doing an uninstall, downloading a fresh installer, and re-installing, did not resolve the problem.  The installers are not the most recent (or updated) edition of the software. The installers can be downloaded here - you will need your original License Key (Activation Code). 

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/where-can-i-download-turbota...

After an installation and an activation, you need to do a software update. Trying to update from within the program will fail, and you will get error TT810. Googling that error code, and following a link, will get you to the page where the software updater can be downloaded:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/where-can-i-download-updates...

HTH,

Jim

Highlighted

2013 Online Update

Thank you SO much for posting. Very helpful... it was exactly what I also was looking for.