Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aac1986

I've been using Standard version for T4 return for years. However, I received less than $4000 self-employment income plus regular salary last year. Will Standard works?

Will Turbo Tax Standard version works for my T4 and contractor (less than $4000) income return ?

Does it come with T777 and T2125 to reduce self-employment income ? 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I've been using Standard version for T4 return for years. However, I received less than $4000 self-employment income plus regular salary last year. Will Standard works?

Thank you for your question.

These forms are both available in the Forms Mode of TurboTax Desktop Standard version. If you wish to use EasyStep to claim your self-employment income and expenses, you will be asked to upgrade to TurboTax Desktop Home & Business version.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Thank you for your question.

These forms are both available in the Forms Mode of TurboTax Desktop Standard version. If you wish to use EasyStep to claim your self-employment income and expenses, you will be asked to upgrade to TurboTax Desktop Home & Business version.

aac1986

Thank you Sara for your quick answer to my question. 

Just wondering what you mean by "EasyStep to claim your self-employment income...." ?  Since my expenses are quite straight forward and simple for this extra $4K, may be it's not justified to upgrade to home & business version.  Without using the "EasyStep", how difficult it will be to complete this $4K self-employment income and expense in  the Standard version ? 

EasyStep offers step-by-step guidance through a questionnaire rather than direct entry into the forms. With only two forms to fill, it will be very straight forward. If you are finding you are having difficulty, you can upgrade at any time to access this questionnaire in EasyStep.