Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucky2617

The name of a disability tax for me that automatically cam off of my ex's tax now I will claim for it but I don't know what it would be called?

I have a disability tax that my ex would claim on his tax because I had no income now I will be claiming it but i don't know what it would be called

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The name of a disability tax for me that automatically cam off of my ex's tax now I will claim for it but I don't know what it would be called?

If you have a valid Disability Tax Certificate on file with CRA, you qualify for the Disability Amount. This credit would have been claimed by you in past years and the unused portion transferred to your ex.

Your ex may have claimed other credits such as the Caregiver Credit. This credit cannot be claimed by you, only the person(s) who you are dependant on.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you have a valid Disability Tax Certificate on file with CRA, you qualify for the Disability Amount. This credit would have been claimed by you in past years and the unused portion transferred to your ex.

Your ex may have claimed other credits such as the Caregiver Credit. This credit cannot be claimed by you, only the person(s) who you are dependant on.