Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does receiving a damage payment of $350.00 from Bc nurses Union count as income? Where do I claim it on the standard tax form?

3 Replies

Does receiving a damage payment of $350.00 from Bc nurses Union count as income? Where do I claim it on the standard tax form?

If you are paid a taxable amount the payer should issue the reporting information on a T4A (or other reporting slip). If you received reimbursement for personal damages this payment would not be taxable. Can you provide specific detail on the nature of this payment. (Keeping in mind this is a public discussion board)

The union was awarded money and every union member received $350.00 from that settlement. I havn’t received a T4A slip. I only have a cheque stub. Should I wait to see if I get a T4A slip?

You may still receive the reporting slip in the mail. Issuers have until the end of February to send out required reporting slips.