Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last year I filed but turned off the computer before TurboTax was notified so it thinks I didn't file. What can I do about carry-forwards?

TT thinks I didn't file, but I did.

4 Replies

Last year I filed but turned off the computer before TurboTax was notified so it thinks I didn't file. What can I do about carry-forwards?

To make sure you have filed your tax return correctly, please refer to the link below:

How do I know if my return was filed using NETFILE and received by the CRA?

As for carryforwards, please see below. Note: If you are looking for the downloaded version, revert to the middle of the page for directives.

In TurboTax Online, how do I transfer my information (personal details, carry forward amounts, etc.) from my previous year's tax return?

@alexcoffey7 - Please advise how I can assist you if my answer did not rectify the issue?

I decided that rather try and fix the problem I would take a chance and import the info into my 2018 proposed returns.  It seems to have worked so I won't worry about last year's program.  I know the returns were accepted by CRA as we received the notices of assessment last May.  

Well, I'm glad you got it all resolved.