Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbotax 2019 - install error - Installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (x86) redistributable package has failed

I just purchase this software.  I cannot install the software. It is looking for Microsoft Visual C++.  I do not have this installed on my PC and the software cannot install it.  

Is there a solution to this issue?  Visual C++ installation error - Turbo tax 2019.PNG

5 Replies

Turbotax 2019 - install error - Installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (x86) redistributable package has failed

You can ignore this error message and click Yes to continue with the installation. This error should have no impact on the functionality of your TurboTax software.

Rond2118

This is a very poor error message. Why would the programmers display a message like this when the user has no idea how they should answer? I would suggest you log this as a defect to have the message modified to something more user friendly.

p2327bon

I was installing turbotax 2019 when error message came up:

Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Redistributable Package (x86) failed

Can this be fixed

What do I do to install Microsoft Visual C.  Message specifies it is a requirement to install  in order to proceed???

Some of the replies stipulate we can proceed without the installation.

Very confusing answers

Are you installing using a CD, if so, please try downloading it from the following link-https://turbotax.intuit.ca/product/download/index.jsp

If you get the same error once you download the software from the link- Installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (x86) redistributable package has failed- Then you will need to google the Microsoft issue and make sure that it is installed on your computer without issue.