Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbotax encounters an error when it tries to autofile my slips from CRA. Downloads spouses, then seems to download mine but when saving says it has encountered a problem

Any idea why?
9 Replies

Turbotax encounters an error when it tries to autofile my slips from CRA. Downloads spouses, then seems to download mine but when saving says it has encountered a problem

Please make sure that you have completely signed out of your spouse's CRA My Account.  You can then log out of your TurboTax Account, sign back in and attempt AutoFill for yourself again.

sord
Returning Member

When completing 2 tax returns (spouses) and using CRA Autofill there does not seem to be an option to logout of CRA after the first set of income slips are downloaded (just reverts to Turbotax by asking to close window - not logout).  Once the first spouses slips are downloaded Turbotax asks for the other spouse to download their slips.  The CRA rejects the second login and crashes Turbotax.  When rebooting Turbotax the first spouse's info was not saved.  I just gave up and entered the data manually.

hrb200

I have auto-filled my  own info, how can I auto-fill my spouse's info; we file jointly

hrb200

sorry it doesn't work that way

Once you have Auto-Filled your slips you will then click on continue. Then it will ask if you would like to use CRA Auto-Fill for your wife. If you do not see this screen (This will depend if you are using TT download or Online) you can then click on the "Find" icon on the top right and type "Auto-Fill" and click on Go- it will bring you back to where you were, then continue until you see your spouses name at the top of the page and will ask if they would like to use CRA Auto-Fill.

If you are still having issues please contact our customer service so that they can assist you further.

reitsmad

I'm just wondering if it's because the file is too big. I did my kids and didn't have a problem. There are 48 statements with mine so I have a sneaking suspicion that's what is causing the problem either because of time out or buffer is not big enough.

NormU

I have been using TurboTax for years and it has 2 very frustrating attributes. @!) on a very powerfull Desktop Windows 10 PC it takes forever to open

2) For years now I  download tax slips from CRA. I login to my wife's CRA account and download her T slips. It then says I can close my browser page in Chrome and T-Tax proceeds to download her slips into T-tax. I then do the same and login to my CRA account to download my t slips and then TurboTax crashes.

This is not a complicated process but every year T -tax crashes on the second download. It should not be complicated. I should not have to do anything to make it work.

Every year after the first t slip download for my wife I need to save the file. Re boot my PC , reopen Turbotax then login to my CRA account and downloads my t slips. I have reported this in previous years but you have not fixed the problem.  When processing a joint tax return is it too much to ask that T-tax can downloads both my wife date and amine without crashing.  P{lease fix this issue

@IF you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

NormU

I did eventually get the 2nd person's download of CRA doc to  work after several Turbotax restarts. It is the same problem each year.

I just wish TurboTax would fix the problem with their program. After all how difficult is it to login and download files from a website.