Pick a language

Canada Français United States of America English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisciolfi-is

TurboTax sent my NETFILE confirmation email to my old email address

Netfile confirmation sent to old email address but your support person and my account shows proper email address

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Clamptown
Level 1

Open your return and select the "INFOWS" form.  You will see two areas where your email address is listed.  Make sure they are both correct.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
TurboTax-Marisa

Here's another way to find confirmation that your return was successfully filed using NETFILE: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2864697

You mentioned your account shows your current email address. This is where that email address should appear: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647988.
SueStellar
Returning Member

My husband and I changed the email addresses associated with our Turbotax  Netfiles. We have one Turbotax account and it is under my husband's email. My husband takes care of filing our respective income tax returns online using TurboTax.  Even though the email address associated with my TurboTax income tax file was changed months ago (well before filing my 2019 income tax return), TurboTax sent my 2019 NETFILE confirmation email to my old email address, even though the TurboTax income tax file shows my proper email address. So where is the screw-up happening? How can this be corrected?

TurboTaxBrenda1

If you are using TurboTax Online you will need to update your email address in there

Mainframe54
Returning Member

Your answer was for the ONLINE version.  How about an answer for the DOWNLOAD version?

I too am getting emails to my old email account which will be deleted soon.

Clamptown
Level 1

Open your return and select the "INFOWS" form.  You will see two areas where your email address is listed.  Make sure they are both correct.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

SueStellar
Returning Member

We are using a "boxed" version of TurboTax for PC. It comes with the software on a CD. The software is installed on a PC and used for filing returns for up 8 people. My husband used the software to fill out the required forms, including our correct new email addresses, and submitted the returns online.

We updated all our accounts, including our CRA accounts, with our new email addresses months ago, back in Nov. & Dec. 2019. So, even though my correct email address shows in my CRA account, as well as in the 2019 TuboTax forms, why did the Intuit TurboTax auto reply system send my 2019 "Your NETFILE Confirmation" email to the old email address, instead of my new email address (which was changed MONTHS ago!!)?...

SueStellar
Returning Member

My husband just checked the "INFOWS" form in my return file and discovered that he had NOT updated my email address there (sigh)... Thank you, Clamptown, for directing our attention there. My husband has now corrected it so next year I will receive email correspondence at the correct address. Problem solved...

anothercanuck
Level 1

I would recommend that they make this part of the interview process with the Windows version. I've had this problem for several returns and never new about the INFOWS form. Thanks for the information.

v