Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 29, 2019 7:40:50 PM

Turbotax won't let me upgrade

Hi there, 

I need to upgrade to either Standard or Premier, but when I click the Upgrade button, the screen, for selecting Standard or Premier, is grey and it won't let me select my upgraded form.  Why would this be? 

0 5 3092
1 Best answer
Oct 29, 2019 7:40:51 PM

Hi There,

Our free product doesn't allow upgrades this year as it was designed to deliver a completely FREE experience. You will have to go on our website to purchase the product and start your return from there. To save yourself time, I suggest you print/save as PDF the information you've entered so far then re-enter it once you've purchased our product. 

Hope this helps!! Many happy returns!!

5 Replies
Oct 29, 2019 7:40:51 PM

Hi There,

Our free product doesn't allow upgrades this year as it was designed to deliver a completely FREE experience. You will have to go on our website to purchase the product and start your return from there. To save yourself time, I suggest you print/save as PDF the information you've entered so far then re-enter it once you've purchased our product. 

Hope this helps!! Many happy returns!!

Oct 29, 2019 7:40:52 PM

Hi - I purchased the Turbo Tax Basic version ($10) from the store. Installed it and then realized I needed to upgrade. The Upgrade link from Turbo Tax basic version doesn't work either - and that is from the version that was not free. Very frustrating!

Oct 29, 2019 7:40:54 PM

this is crazy ... i'm going back to H & R Block, too frustrating and time consuming!

Oct 29, 2019 7:40:56 PM

Which version of TurboTax are you currently using?

Oct 29, 2019 7:40:58 PM

Its says Free at the top of the page, so i'm assuming its a free version?  I thought I had started a Standard claim...