Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helmanfrow
Returning Member

TurboTurboTax Standard 2016: Can't Print Or Download Update

Attempting to print—or save as PDF—returns completed in TurboTax Standard 2016 for Windows results in the display of the following error:

Screenshot 2020-12-07 205952.jpg

Attempting to update through the help menu returns another error:Screenshot 2020-12-07 210714.jpg

As of this writing I have wasted hours clicking my way through Intuit's mind-bogglingly overcomplex and circuitous hellhole of a "support" website, chasing error codes and dead links and old pages and redirects and forum posts only to come up empty-handed.

Intuit, the only acceptable reply to this post is a direct link to the files I need to update TurboTax 2016 Standard CD Edition.

Please and also thank you.

1 Reply
helmanfrow
Returning Member

TurboTurboTax Standard 2016: Can't Print Or Download Update

I found the download links.

As of this writing they are on the following page:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/where-can-i-download-the-cd-...

As of this writing the page looks like this:

2020-12-08_080905.png

The table at the bottom with the links is initially hidden under a flyout menu labeled Where can I download TurboTax for previous years?

I don't remember the path I took to get here save for the fact that it was convoluted.

Much larger organizations with much larger software repositories manage to keep their archives up-to-date, accessible and navigable.

Intuit needs to get its support game together.

Thank you for your time.