Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've logged into Turbo Tax using my previous years user ID. It's not downloading any of the previous year's data ?

I can't get the previous years info to carry forward to 2017 when I log in. 

I'm using Safari on a Mac for your online version of Premier.

Thanks,

Melanie

5 Replies

I've logged into Turbo Tax using my previous years user ID. It's not downloading any of the previous year's data ?

When you log in to turbotax.ca you will click on start or continue my 2017 tax return and from there it will ask you about the carry forward from a prior year as long as you have used the same username from the 2016 tax return.

Unfortunately I'm using the same ID as last year and following your cue and still not getting anywhere
bbtg677

I have exactly the same issue: very frustrating

I am having the same issue this year. I go round and round, logging in, trying to pull from previous years, asks me if i want help logging in, i log in, it sends me a confirmation code, i put it in, takes me back to main page where i can select 2021 tax return, click there, asks if i want to pull from last year, and round we go again.

VERY FRUSTRATING! this is why i pay for this program every year, to keep and auto-fill things for me year after year.

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.