Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 30, 2019 8:30:16 AM

Use of auto fill? I already used the auto fill feature, if we use it a second time, will it only down load the information that wasn't downloaded the first time?

0 3 2031
1 Best answer
Oct 30, 2019 8:30:17 AM

Each time one downloads from CRA's Auto-FIll, all available information is downloaded.

If you made changes to an amount after downloading the 1st time, when you download a 2nd time, that amount will be restored to the original amount from the CRA.

But, it doesn't clear out things you might have entered fresh.

For example, you download a slip that has an amount in box A but nothing in box B. You manually change the amount in box A and enter an amount in box B. When you download a 2nd time, the amount in box A will revert to what it was before you changed it but box B will stay as what you entered it, because there's no amount downloaded from the CRA to override it.

3 Replies
Oct 30, 2019 8:30:17 AM

Each time one downloads from CRA's Auto-FIll, all available information is downloaded.

If you made changes to an amount after downloading the 1st time, when you download a 2nd time, that amount will be restored to the original amount from the CRA.

But, it doesn't clear out things you might have entered fresh.

For example, you download a slip that has an amount in box A but nothing in box B. You manually change the amount in box A and enter an amount in box B. When you download a 2nd time, the amount in box A will revert to what it was before you changed it but box B will stay as what you entered it, because there's no amount downloaded from the CRA to override it.

Mar 2, 2020 8:00:03 AM

How do I turn off the AutoFill pop up screen that appears each time I open a file. Very annoying. It seems to me that there should be a box that you select so as not to see the pop up again. Not very elegant programming if you ask me.

Level 15
Mar 2, 2020 11:10:14 AM

Unfortunately, that is the way it has been entered in the TurboTax program. There is no way to turn it off.