Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alonsg

Want to upload my husbands turbotax info. I filed taxes for both last year in two separate turbotax accounts and this year I have the option to do them at the same time

I would like to upload my husbands turbotax information - I am working online and not using the desktop application.

I file his and my tax last year and the year before with turbo tax. This year I discovered I have the option to do both at the same time using the same account. How can I bring or link the information you already have in file for him, with the one I am working on right now for 2014 taxes.

Please advise!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TTRS

Want to upload my husbands turbotax info. I filed taxes for both last year in two separate turbotax accounts and this year I have the option to do them at the same time

Unfortunately you can't carry them both forward into a single return (this is the same whether you are using the online or desktop products). What you'll need to do is carry forward one (probably best to do the one with the more complex carryforward info if applicable). Around the time it asks you your marital status you can choose the option to prepare the returns together. As you go through the interview you will have to manually enter any carryforward for your spouse. 

If you do this, next year you will be able to carryforward the data for both returns together.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TTRS

Unfortunately you can't carry them both forward into a single return (this is the same whether you are using the online or desktop products). What you'll need to do is carry forward one (probably best to do the one with the more complex carryforward info if applicable). Around the time it asks you your marital status you can choose the option to prepare the returns together. As you go through the interview you will have to manually enter any carryforward for your spouse. 

If you do this, next year you will be able to carryforward the data for both returns together.

Shaw2015

I did use my husbands info and have always created an account for me and my spouse then I submitted my return and then I submitted his return and net filed them both one after the other, correct?
Shaw2015

I created an account for me and my spouse then I submitted my return and then I submitted his return and net filed them both one after the other, correct?

This is correct. Please make sure you have received confirmation numbers for both returns.