What documents should I include along with T1 form...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What documents should I include along with T1 form for filing my tax return for the 1st time? I haven't worked anytime in 2019 and I studied at SFU.

3 Replies
Highlighted

What documents should I include along with T1 form for filing my tax return for the 1st time? I haven't worked anytime in 2019 and I studied at SFU.

When completing your return as a student, you will also need your T2202 from your school. Click here to see what CRA advises that you can claim as a student.  

Highlighted

Thank you for the information. I mentioned my tuition fees from the T2202 form for tax return. Am I also required to attach a copy of T2202 with my mail?

Highlighted

No, you will keep a copy of your T2202, as CRA may request to see it at any time in the next 7 years. 

v