Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

What happened to Intuit?

So I posted this about the near-impossibility of getting telephone support, detailing how my call had been disconnected three times:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1832018-what-happened-to-telephone-support

[EDIT: The above link is no longer valid, as the question has been removed entirely.]

And I get this answer from TurboTaxLise:
I’m sorry that your experience with TurboTax this year has been less than optimal. If you would like to give feedback directly, please reach out again to our phone support team.
I would have like to ask there if she actually read my account of what happened when I did try to reach out to the phone support team, but the post has been closed to new comments or replies.

This is not the Intuit I have been doing business with, for my business as well as personal needs, for over 20 years. And this is not the way to address legitimate concerns about customer service - it just gives all customers the impression that Intuit no longer cares what we think about it.

Waiting anxiously to see if Intuit confirms that impression by closing this post as well.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What happened to Intuit?

We have read your detailed synopsis of our support options including this online forum. While it would be delightful to have the ability to customize each user's experience on our forum, with the volume of customers we assist each day, that's not a realistic goal. We provide answers to address the concerns of all users and work hard to ensure our replies are complete and accurate. Questions that are no longer applicable are archived to avoid confusion. If our methods of content curation aren't in line with your views, perhaps this forum isn't a good fit for you.

I understand that your experience with the phone support line wasn't a good one. If you're looking for an apology, I'm happy to provide one on behalf of Intuit. If you are still experiencing a software issue, we can arrange a callback for you. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

What happened to Intuit?

We have read your detailed synopsis of our support options including this online forum. While it would be delightful to have the ability to customize each user's experience on our forum, with the volume of customers we assist each day, that's not a realistic goal. We provide answers to address the concerns of all users and work hard to ensure our replies are complete and accurate. Questions that are no longer applicable are archived to avoid confusion. If our methods of content curation aren't in line with your views, perhaps this forum isn't a good fit for you.

I understand that your experience with the phone support line wasn't a good one. If you're looking for an apology, I'm happy to provide one on behalf of Intuit. If you are still experiencing a software issue, we can arrange a callback for you. 

View solution in original post

Level 1

What happened to Intuit?

@TurboTaxJennifer , thank you for taking the time to read my posts and reply to them candidly.

I understand that the moderators here are dealing with a high volume of customer concerns, and priority must be given to those that relate to the use of the product. On that, the transformation to the current version of this forum has only added to your load, as it makes it much more difficult than the previous version for users to help each other.

I have had a decade of experience as a contributor to various online peer help forums, and I can honestly say that the previous community forum here was one of the best I have seen, and the current one among the worst. You have only to look at the volume of help offered by users then and now to see that.

In no small part because of that, I understand that you and other moderators don't have a lot of time to participate in discussions like these, I hope that you will leave this one open so that Intuit's customers can have an open discussion about the support options and how they might be improved.

There is no better or more cost-effective market research than simply listening to what your customers have to say.