Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have two separate businesses to enter for 2014, one that closed early 2014 and one that opened shortly thereafter, how do I enter these separately?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have two separate businesses to enter for 2014, one that closed early 2014 and one that opened shortly thereafter, how do I enter these separately?

If you are using the online version, click on self-employment, choose business or professional, and enter new business.  Unless you are in a service business like a doctor, lawyer or dentist, choose "other business".  You can do that several times.

If you have the installed version, click on forms and type in T2125, then choose one.  P means professional income, and B means business.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If you are using the online version, click on self-employment, choose business or professional, and enter new business.  Unless you are in a service business like a doctor, lawyer or dentist, choose "other business".  You can do that several times.

If you have the installed version, click on forms and type in T2125, then choose one.  P means professional income, and B means business.

ssimms

what if both businesses were just in your name? could you not enter them all together?
ssimms

I found the answer..still need to do both separately thanks