EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

When registering my program I get a "Navigation to the webpage was canceled". How can I register the program? I am using Windows Vista and Explorer 9.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When registering my program I get a "Navigation to the webpage was canceled". How can I register the program? I am using Windows Vista and Explorer 9.

We've noticed that some third party applications turn off a setting in Internet Explorer that makes the registration page not appear. Can you check your settings:

1. Open Internet Explorer.
  2. Click the Tools menu or gear icon in the top, right-hand corner of the screen (depending on your version of Internet Explorer). The Internet Options window appears.
  3. Click the Advanced tab.
  4. Select the Use TLS 1.0 checkbox (if Use TLS 1.2 is available, select that as well).
  5. Click Apply.
  6. Restart TurboTax.

Please let me know if that solved the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

We've noticed that some third party applications turn off a setting in Internet Explorer that makes the registration page not appear. Can you check your settings:

1. Open Internet Explorer.
  2. Click the Tools menu or gear icon in the top, right-hand corner of the screen (depending on your version of Internet Explorer). The Internet Options window appears.
  3. Click the Advanced tab.
  4. Select the Use TLS 1.0 checkbox (if Use TLS 1.2 is available, select that as well).
  5. Click Apply.
  6. Restart TurboTax.

Please let me know if that solved the problem.

View solution in original post

Thank you very much.  This solved my problem!

You could try downloading a more up to date browser, Chrome or Firefox for instance.  Make it your default browser until the registration is complete.

I actually have the latest version of Firefox as well.  It still gives the message with either browser as default.

What product are you attempting to register?  What security or antivirus are you using? Is there extra security in either browser that may not want to go to certain webpages?