Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the question "Does CRA have a complete date of birth on record" ? I am unable to locate or find the question in order to edit the answer

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where can I find the question "Does CRA have a complete date of birth on record" ? I am unable to locate or find the question in order to edit the answer

When using TurboTax Standard, click on the heading titled Setting up and then click on Intro. 

Click on Revisit next to Personal Information and click on edit information.

You will then be able to make any necessary correction to your date of birth.

There isn't a question though to ask if the Canada Revenue Agency already has your complete date of birth on file.  It will ask though if you are a first time filer.  You can check with the Canada Revenue Agency at 1 800 959 8281 to verify if they do have your date of birth on file.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

This question should only be an issue for a first time filer, who is a Canadian citizen.

Generally, landed immigrants on first time filing are now ok to NetFile, as CRA has received records for them and created a master file. It is people born in Canada who file for the first time that are unable to NetFile.

When using TurboTax Standard, click on the heading titled Setting up and then click on Intro. 

Click on Revisit next to Personal Information and click on edit information.

You will then be able to make any necessary correction to your date of birth.

There isn't a question though to ask if the Canada Revenue Agency already has your complete date of birth on file.  It will ask though if you are a first time filer.  You can check with the Canada Revenue Agency at 1 800 959 8281 to verify if they do have your date of birth on file.