Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silverwinged
Returning Member

Where can I add repayment of wages? My employer instructed me to use line 229, but I cannot enter anything under "employment expenses"

1 Reply

Where can I add repayment of wages? My employer instructed me to use line 229, but I cannot enter anything under "employment expenses"

Please follow the steps below to enter your repayment of wages or bonus using TurboTax Online.

• After signing into your return go to the menu on the left side of the screen.
  • Select Income then Employment Expenses where you will click on YES

Note: Locked items require an upgrade on the next page (if you are using the free version)

• You will answer the questions according to your situation and continue till you reach and click on Other Expenses (which will be on the next screen if you said that you had a T2200 from your employer) then Continue.
  • On the Other Employment Expenses screen is a box in the first section that says "Other Expenses". Make your entry here and it will be deducted on Line 22900 as per the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) rules.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on Continue to save your entry.

For more information, please see this link: CRA Information - Line 22900 Other Employment Expenses

Thank You for choosing TurboTax.