Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikebrodie
Returning Member

Which version should I purchase? Help!

I am a Canadian living in Canada.  I have employment income (a T-4), self-employment income, rental income, and capital gains.  Which version should I purchase?  The Premier?  I am stuck, don't want to over-buy but also don't want to get stuck in the middle of doing my tax return.

2 Replies

The TurboTax Self Employed would be your best product based on your situation. The premier does not have enough functions to cover all your source of income, especially self-employment income. This product will include:

• Expert guidance on investment income and expenses, and rental property income and expenses.
  • Expert guidance on self-employment income and expenses, including businesses on the side and home-based businesses.

Because there are no fees for filing your info, you just only need to pay when you file it.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

We recommend the Self-Employed version, based on the following tax situations that apply to you:

• I have T4 slips
  • I am self-employed
  • I have rental property
  • I have stocks/investments

To choose a TurboTax product, please visit Tell us about yourself, and we'll recommend the right solution. You can click on the boxes that apply to your situation and we would recommend the product that is most suitable for you.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.