Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted May 15, 2020 12:02:49 AM

Why is the cost now $79.99 plus taxes per return . Last year I paid $65 for 2 returns

0 3 473
3 Replies
May 15, 2020 11:20:27 AM

For 2019, if you prepared your returns together, then both spouses would be charged the same price for your returns. So if you selected (or upgraded to) Assist & Review, then both spouse’s returns would be cost $79.99 (plus taxes) per return. In previous years, there was a discount for the spouse’s return, but this is no longer the case.

If you have TurboTax Live Assist & Review, here is how to talk to a Tax Expert: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/navigating-turbotax/help/i-m-using-turbotax-live-assist-review-how-do-i-talk-to-a-tax-expert/00/873764

May 15, 2020 8:38:31 PM

Nice.After being a loyal turbo tax customer, this year is the worst so far. Not only does your software no longer guide and explain things it now charges double or more. Great. I’m looking for another tax software provider. 

Level 15
May 20, 2020 5:28:04 PM

The only way you would have been charged so much is if you choose to add our TurboTax Assist & Review.  When you paid for the returns it would advise you what you were paying for. 

Please contact us in a private message on Facebook or Twitter.