Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdrew60

Will not accept my answer for km driven for the year. Says use numeric whole numbers. As far as I know 10,500 is a whole number!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Will not accept my answer for km driven for the year. Says use numeric whole numbers. As far as I know 10,500 is a whole number!

I get the error "The information in this field is invalid. Either there are too many characters entered or the format is incorrect. Please review." when I enter "10,500" in the field "Total kilometres driven in the taxation year". I can get around this error by entering "10500" into the field.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MamaK

Did you put the comma in?
mgnorman

yes i put the comma in.  something is wrong

I get the error "The information in this field is invalid. Either there are too many characters entered or the format is incorrect. Please review." when I enter "10,500" in the field "Total kilometres driven in the taxation year". I can get around this error by entering "10500" into the field.